JIO: Joint Implementation Opportunity
There is no official full form of JIO. So it can be analyzed in many ways. JIO can be termed as Joint Implementation Opportunity. Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited or Jio is an LTE mobile network operator in India and It’s most loved SIM operator in India.
Data is the new crude oil! So Jio spelt in reverse becomes OIL by making J as L! Based on this philosophy Shri Mukesh Ambani named his Telecom venture as Jio. It is said to be alphabets in reverse of oiL (Jio); JIO is from the mirror image of oil as oil has been most profitable for Ambani and RIL. That’s why it is called Reliance Jio. In Hindi the word Jio means to live.
Jio is an Indian telecommunications company and wholly owned subsidiary of Reliance Industries, headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Mr. Mukesh Ambani who founded jio on 15th February 2007 is the co-owner of Reliance Industries with a total share of around 47.35% of the industry. It operates a national LTE network with coverage across all 22 telecom circles. It does not offer 2G or 3G service, and instead uses only voice over LTE to provide voice service on its 4G network.
When jio was launched, it created a robust in the Indian market because no other mobile network service provider could give the type of offers that jio gave to the Indian public. Previously, people used to recharge separately for both data services and calling services but after jio came in the Indian market, the offer and the prices that jio offered was unbeatable.
Reliance’s vision for India is that broadband and digital services will no longer be a luxury item. Jio has worked with all the major device manufacturers in the world to ensure the availability of 4G LTE smartphones at all price points, from the ultra premium model on one side to the entry level model on the other.
- On December 24, 2015, Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan was appointed as Jio’s brand ambassador.
- On 25 January 2016, the company launched its LYF smartphone series starting with Water 1, through its chain of electronic retail outlets, Reliance Retail.
- In February 2017, Jio announced a partnership with Samsung to work on LTE – Advanced Pro and 5G.
- In August 2018, Jio began to test a new triple play fiber to the home service known tenatively as Jio GigaFiber.
- In September 2019, Jio launched a fiber to the home service, offering home broadband, television, and telephone services.
Other full forms of JIO
|Jain International Organisation||International|
|Japan Inspection Organization||General|
|Joint Information Office||General|
|Joint Input Output||General|
|Joint Integration Office||General|
|Joint Intelligence Organisation||General|
|Joint Interrogation Operations||Military|
|Jonah Interagency Office||General|
|Jugaadu Indian Online||General|