ENT: Ear Nose Throat
The full form of ENT is Ear Nose Throat. It is also called as Otorhinolaryngology. Doctors specializing in this area are called otolaryngologists, head and neck surgeons, or ENT surgeons. Ear Nose Throat (ENT) is the branch of medicine and surgery specialized in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the ear, nose, throat, base of the skull, head and neck. The otolaryngology specialist is concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the head and neck, mainly including the ears, nose and throat. Otorhinolaryngologists are physicians (MD, DO, MBBS, MBChB, etc.) who, in the United States, complete at least five years of surgical residency training. This includes six months of general surgical training and four and a half years of specialized surgery. Otorhinolaryngologists treat several conditions, some of which are listed below:
- Difficulty to swallow
- Hearing loss and ear disorders, such as ear infection, dizziness, and tinnitus.
- Speech disorder, such as hoarseness and laryngitis.
- Allergies like hay fever, seasonal rhinitis.
- Infections like sinusitis and tonsillitis.
- Congenital or acquired abnormalities, such as cleft palate, deviated septum, droopy eyelids, loss of smell
- Tumors of the ear, nose, throat, etc.
Other full forms of ENT
|Entrance||Housing & Amenities|
|Easy News Topics||News & Media|
|Education with New Technologies||Universities|
|Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing||Electronics|
|Embryonal Nervous Tissue||British Medicine|
|Enewetak Island, Marshall Islands||Airport Codes|
|entorhinal cortex||British Medicine|
|Equant, N. V.||NYSE Symbols|
|Ereader News Today||News & Media|
|Evil Neopets Team||Funnies|
|Existing National Target||British Medicine|
|Exports Needs Tags||International Business|
|Star Trek “Enterprise”||News & Media|